Friday, February 26, 2010
When I first moved down to Arizona, I was lost.
Gone were my gf's, coffee shops, my green grass and damp earth.
What else was missing??
Food. Cooking. General Domestic Bliss. Nice soft of hips worn by the women who appreciate food and cooking.
The first time a neighbor came over and saw me standing in a tank top, shorts and apron..she looked taken aback.
Some women see aprons as oppressive. To me they are just the opposite.
They set me free.
Not only can I prepare a fabulous meal, but I can maintain my fabulous fashion sense along the way.
What is under my apron??
Oh just a cute little number I purchased in the 7th Arrondissement, Paris France.
Does that sound oppressive?
I think not.
Monday, February 22, 2010
I hope to one day to catch him weeding my kohlrabi.
Is that MY cute little red barn in the background?? Why yes it is!
I bet if stick your nose close the the screen and take a deep breath you just might smell dirt.
Go ahead..try it.
A little chippy goodness..
Oh spring it has been 4 long years since I have anxiously awaited your arrival.
4 years since I have poured over a Territorial Seed Catalog..like it was the holy scripture.
4 years since I have smelled my very own fresh clean dirt.
10. My goal this weekend was to fall asleep drunken with the feeling of hard work, fresh air and BBQ..
9. My chicken coop is squeaky clean and entirely ready for some new ladies..can't wait! And I can't wait to show you some pic's!!
8. I have 8 massively overgrown raised beds..I'm thinking they have not been touched in about 2 years. Stinking back breaking work..but oh so satisfying. Is it just me or does everyone get such deep pleasure from working the earth?
7. I planted 5 rows of onions.
6. Yesterday I was weeding, sexy husband was mowing (with a Starbucks in hand..cuz we live in Washington and all). The smell of dirt mixed with fresh mowed grass brought tears to my eyes. Gosh I'm a sap!
5. One of the most deeply satisfying things about gardening is walking out and picking something you are going to prepare that evening.
4. Falling asleep smelling like BBQ is my favorite.
3. The kids are planting a vegetable bed entirely for the food-bank.
2. Last week when I pulled in the drive-way, I yelled,
It kinda scared the kids..what don't all Mom's do that?
1. It has not been the easiest year (ok really 3 years) and at times Zach and I wonder if we should have moved back.. but being outside this weekend, on my own property, in the country, with green grass and fresh earth made me soo thankful for everything..everything in the past..everything that is right now.. and all the hope of the future.
It's good to be home.
**Mommy Monday was postponed a few days due to some unexpected situations..Stay tuned for Mommy Wednesday (mother and babes are doing very good)!!**
Thursday, February 18, 2010
I have sooo many little projects brewing!
Just to name a few..
An upcoming FABULOUS vintage inspired show..
A bus trip of a lifetime to The Farm Chicks..
AND a creative weekend away with a few of my favorite peeps in the whole wide world (pinch me!)
It kinda makes me feel a little gypsy..a little bit wanderer..
able to follow my whimsy anywhere I please.
Of course this is HARDLY my reality..no my reality is a mini-van, basketball practice and making lunches for four children every single morning..but remember its the little things.
As far as the creative weekend away?? Here are just a few of the little lovelies I have to look forward to. Oh did I mention that YOU could look forward to them too??
I hear your inner Boho girl calling...
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Do you remember your first best friend?
My first best friend was Angela. She was wonderful, she had long brown hair like mine, her Mom made the best EVER vegetarian lasagna and we could play for hours..dreaming of lands far away, fairies and various horses, including the much sought after unicorn. She loved to read and seemed oh so smart..genius really. She was simply perfect. I loved her unabashedly, with every fiber in my body.
It was a pure love, the kind only children have. Blind faith, no worries about the harm that may come in opening up your heart that much. She loved me back, I'm not sure if she loved me as much as I loved her, but it sure felt like it.
Then one day that innocence was gone..my Mom died, I changed schools, she changed schools, she had family issues, I had family issues..it would never be the same.
She came back to school our senior year. We had not seen each other in ages. Small towns don't really take to new students..you know..stranger in town and all.
I was a different person by then..arrogant, cliquish, thinking myself a much higher person than I really was. Suddenly I was too cool for Angela. I remember her walking up to me..me saying a few awkward words, her wanting to find that love and acceptance in my eyes..me worrying about what I looked like talking to her..she tagged along..but only for a while..remember she was smart and I'm sure she got the hint quickly.
Shame on me.
Today for what seems like the thousandth time I was hurt.
I'm tired of being hurt.
I'm tired of putting myself out there only to have my heart handed back to me. I don't like it one bit. It makes me want to be like Gollum and hold it close only for myself, hiss at anyone who comes within a 50 mile radius of me.
I'm sure it would be easier..never love..never loose love..that simple.
I want my friend Angela back. I want pure friendship again.
I'm going to go emotional eat now.
Monday, February 15, 2010
This pic is just a little preview of my shoot with Miss Elaine..fun times had by all (ok it was just the two of us..but we thought it was super fun). I love this lady..and I'm pretty sure only a few people in the world would go along with my crazy ideas..her being one of them. To all of the farmers that drove by two sassy ladies standing in the middle of a field on a non-rainy day with an umbrella..you sooo know we made your day. Stay tuned for more!!
Monday, February 08, 2010
10. Had so so so much fun in AZ! Miss Amy was a VERY gracious hostess with the southern mostess. Got to see almost all of my fav AZ peeps. The weather was perfection..coffee at my favorite coffee place in the whole wide world (ok except anything Parisian)..really it was a perfect little stay. Now I just have to talk my husband out of moving back..
9. Our dear friend Jeff Gokee headed out to India with a team of about 20 peeps this week for a preaching gig. Long ways from home..his sweetie pie wife is as you might guess just a touch anxious. If you get a chance, say a prayer for Jeff and his familia..plus you can check out his progress on his blog.
8. I had a FABULOUS time at Annie's house..her house looks like the inside of her sweet little shop in downtown Snohomish..the thought of my kiddos in her house, actually made my heart race a little bit:) Everything was BEAUTIFUL!! (side note..Annie's store is my very favorite store in Snoho..why? She is affordable..very refreshing)
7. We are headed over to the rents house for the long holiday weekend. I'm soo ready to relax in my spongebob pajama pants.
6. Although I won't be relaxing too much..Miss Elaine and I will be busy bee's working on all things Boho Art Retreat related..OOOOOH I soo can't wait!! Have you got your tickets yet?? Come on ladies..what cha waiting for!! We are planning up some fabulous fun..pic's soon to come!!!
5. I'm not super stressed out..just a little overwhelmed. But mostly my overwhelmed feeling is from being too busy. Having four kiddos, a workaholic hubby and a busy business..makes for some long days and late nights.
4. I have had a few reality checks lately..like the one about how grown women can be really really really mean.
3. Are you a believer? Watch this video..like right now..go.
2. My husband bought me a dress from Urban Outfitters last week..ahh such a good good man I married.
1. Need a fun night out?? Like to shop with a bevy of ladies?? Like completely FABULOUS stuff offered up by even more FABULOUS ladies?? This is going to be such such such a good show!!! You don't want to miss it..I promise..you will kick yourself later..plus I'm going to be there..taking pictures..maybe I could take yours?? Buying cool stuff..of course:)
It's a tough business growing two babies and all.
I'm wondering if she is starting to feel like she always has this crazy lady with a camera following her around..
Next we are doing the ultra-sound..is it weird that I'm excited for it??
Tuesday, February 02, 2010
I fear..wait for it..
Did I mention AVERAGE??
Right now you are saying..
"Amber has issues."
Yes I do, but at least they are not AVERAGE issues..
Watch this video..it's pretty funny, yet it really does sum up my very worst fear.
Monday, February 01, 2010
"Every time I go to your blog, I see a pregnant tummy looking back at me."
(ok really someone said that to me last week..hahahaha)
Of course then I added..
"Yes, but at least it is a beautiful and tastefully photographed naked belly looking back at you."
(Not my exact words..but you get the gist)
So this week in addition to Heather's petite belly, I'm going to tell you about a few things that go on in her room..
Heather's sister's-in-law made this very fun growth cart shortly after she arrived. It gives her something to look forward to everyday and she can chart her progress..
Of course all the Mom's in the house will recognize this device..the heartbeat monitor. Finding two babies heart beats can be a little tricky..
Here is the main info board..just in case she wakes up and forgets her name..
Last week Wyatt enjoyed Mom's photo session as well..what a little ham this guy was!
And last but not least..a little belly love.