The List.. holiday writers block style.
When life spins out of control I become a little speechless. My words get lost somewhere between Thanksgiving and Christmas every year.. This year seems particularly intense.. bummer.
So instead of deep ramblings from a self confessed narcissistic blogger I will give you a list..along with (not so) subtly suggesting Christmas present ideas to my husband. (This is a tactic I have yet to use in my many years of blogging.. I will let you know how it works out in the New Year.. and at the rate I'm blogging that just might be the next time you here from me.)
10. Most favorite book ever + Ring that could take a tooth out = Awesome.
9. I can't believe I have not posted in 3 weeks...thats like super long in blogging years.
8. I'm weary. No amount of my favorite under-eye product can help the bags I have going.
7. Mumford + Me + Sexiest jogger in all the land husband = Best birthday present EvA!
6. I soooo feel the need for a new tattoo coming on.. something with birds of course..maybe some words as well??
5. I'm actually excited to shoot the Strehle Christmas card...now if it would just stop raining.
4. The last 4 out of 5 have started with "I"..proof I'm the narcissistic blogger I pretend to play online.
3. It's like the 80's and the 90's hooked up and made beautiful babies..My inner Debbie Gibson and Eddie Vedder NEED these boots.
2. I have a new friend, she stalked me on my blog before we became better friends..she said I write like I talk.. that was the coolest thing anyone has said to me in a very long time.. (other than.."Amber, have you been loosing weight?" Which for the record is the very coolest thing anyone has ever asked me) (I'm kidding) (kinda) (oh man my narcissism running deep tonight)
1. The writers block will go away.. it will. Maybe just forcing myself to sit down this evening, turn off my mind and slowly tap, tap, tap on this keyboard will dust the cobwebs out. I love this space. Writing is very much an extension of deepest self..so with that thought, I need to give my deepest self a little grace.. grace to NOT write, grace to mourn, grace to yield to the pressures that my life is bringing me right now. When the words are ready they will be back.
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.