5 Things

May I present.... something completely unoriginal.

5 Things 

I need to get back into the swing of this. 

Baby steps, walk with me as I share 5 things that I think you need to see/read/experience/ponder/pray on.

(hopefully weekly)


5. Christmas is nigh!

My friend Laura (yes WSU Laura for those of you who have been around for a while) introduced me to this page. Perfect Christmas present for the most clever of your friends and family.

4. Have you ever wondered, "I wonder what Amber's thoughts are on assisted suicide? 

SO GLAD YOU ASKED!!

During a meeting last week a doctor told me that 1 in 20 deaths in Canada are now death by assisted suicide. This distressed me greatly.

These two articles on this distress me more.

This is the story of a 23-year-old partially blind diabetic young man that was given the ok by the Canadian government to go through with assisted suicide. 

https://www.commonsense.news/p/scheduled-to-die-the-rise-of-canadas

Let's talk about the societal implications of that mindset... like if you are blind, or diabetic or have a mental illness, naw fam... just give up. Slippery slope and all that jazz.

This is the story of a 23-year-old young lady in Belgium that has already passed, she was granted permission because of her debilitating PTSD.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/woman-survived-belgium-isis-bomb-euthanised-b2198944.html

Nightmare fuel.

3. It feels like this would be a good time to rewatch my top 5 movies of all time.  


https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0206634/


2. What does everyone think about the Atlantic article? 

"Let's declare a pandemic amnesty."

I want to move on from the pandemic and maybe for those folks who lived in mid-America, it was just a flash in the pan, but I'm realizing more and more how deep of an effect it had on my mentals living here in the evergreen state, in my mid-sized polarized community...  I'm often reminded of the quote:

"when someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time" 


1. Bear with me. It's hard for me to dip my toe back in this water, but it's time. 

Comments

Popular Posts