Captains log March 24, 2020 Day # 14

Captains log March 24, 2020
Day # 14
Panic has officially set in here at the Strehle residence. The Visa statement came and Zach found it before I could finish my 10-page PowerPoint presentation justifying the balance. He does not seem to understand our family's need for lipstick in, “better days ahead red” or a book on “Divorce in the time of quarantine”. Working from home is rough on a couple who have gone to therapy at least six times over IKEA furniture alone.
Last week I was very much of the mindset that I was going to accomplish all the things. Instead, I’ve filled my time with important tasks such as watching a two hour documentary on the making of Who Framed Rodger Rabbit.
I also had dinner cleaned up and was ready for bed by 6pm yesterday. I felt a bit like Laura Ingalls Wilder. I might start calling Zach Pa, might hitch the horses to the wagon and head into town for sundries.
Honestly though… I hope you are all hanging in there. Maybe step away from the socials, maybe stop refreshing the John Hopkins Covid 19 map, maybe let your kids illegally download 3 seasons of Avatar the Last Airbender and call it computer science.
Lastly... please remember to be kind to one another. When this is done we all have to see each other at soccer practice and I don’t want it to be embarrassing for you.

Comments

Popular Posts