Hindsight

I was talking to a very dear friend late last night on the phone. The conversation turned to hindsight. As in “I wish I would have had more time for_____” or, “I wish I could have been a better friend” or, “Why did I not appreciate_____”.

Hindsight is different from regret. Regret is looking back and feeling remorse over what you have done. Hindsight is looking back and seeing the past through a different perspective or view. It’s realizing you should have taken a different exit off of I-5 but knowing there is nothing you can do about it now.

I have had lots of time to reflect in the past few months. Maybe looking back and wishing I would have done things a tad different, wishing I would have paid more attention to certain relationships and less attention to others…

I am not going to make the mistake of turning hindsight into regret and dwelling over what could/should have been.

Instead I’m going to use my hindsight to make my future better. My hindsight will help me navigate better through my life still in front of me, help me to make the decisions that will have an effect on my whole world, eternity.

Here’s to hindsight ..let it be a compass for my life.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good words! Kinda deep... ;o)

Popular Posts