10. I have decided that I really love the a new year. I think its the first time ever that I've realized how important it is to stop, make goals and evaluate life. Maybe I've always been afraid of doing this..because if you evaluate your life then you have to take a look at yourself..but I say bring on the evaluation, yes it's kind of nasty at times..but I need all the refinement I can get.
9. It's been a little hard adjusting to the new "Amber actually cries" phase that I'm in right now. I'm just not used to it, tears come at the most random times.. How do you people live like this??
8. Thanks for all of your kind words about my Africa post:)
7. So this weekend I made a whole bunch of Martha Stewart tissue paper balls for my house..for no reason at all other than I felt like we need a little bit more whimsy around here. Winter can be so grey..dull..we needed some SPICE at Roosevelt House.
6. Ahh Scott Schumann has done it again, love this man. Now I love him even more..so much. It was cool to see the release of this video and then watch the ripple effects throughout the creative world. One day I hope to be able to accurately articulate my passion as he does..one day:) Oh and I'm just loving the new trend of projecting pictures onto buildings..so cool, I can already see some of my pic's projected onto my barn..how stinking cool would THAT be??
5. Some of the trees around Roosevelt House are already starting to bud. It makes me think about how even though things might seem dead and lost, there is often a great work going on under the surface. I think that January is Amber's dormant time. Time to rest, maybe look a little dormant..but really there is a great work going on, just waiting for the sun to bring it forth.
(oh that was good!)
4. A few REALLY awesome events are coming up...
Ruffles and Rust
Boho Art Retreat #3
3. I'm anxious to start planning the garden. I'm ready to feel warm earth under my fingernails..so ready.
2. Twin A's voice is changing. I'm sure he would NOT appreciate knowing that I'm sending this fact out into the blogoshpere..but seriously the voice change has added HOURS of fun to Strehle life. That squeek comes out of NO WHERE!! The other day we had a solicitor call and they thought he was a girl..ahh good times..good times.
1. Here is my eclectic Africa group.
(no I'm not the pregnant lady, I just play one in pictures)
We are a funny little bunch of adventurers. I love how life shakes things up a bit when you actually allow it.
Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once.