Monday, June 15, 2009
Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb. Winston Churchill
Ooh I soo love this boy:)
So here are my top ten FEARS of traveling to Paris..the question is..can you handle it???
10. Ok I kinda lied..#10 is really something I'm NOT scared of and I feel like I need to get it off of my chest.. I'm NOT afraid to fly, I'm not afraid of crashing either (does it sound like I'm trying to convince myself??)..I figure if it's my time to go then it's my time to go..I'm not wasting any precious time worrying about it..
9. Eating offal, which is..
"1: the waste or by-product of a process: as a: trimmings of a hide b: the by-products of milling used especially for stock feeds c: the viscera and trimmings of a butchered animal removed in dressing"...yuck.
8. Getting my stuff stolen..more importantly my camera.
7. Looking too American, I have been practicing my European look..this is how it goes..I come out in a new outfit and say, "sooo how European does this look?" Zach barely looks up from the movie/computer/guitar and says.."well you look more European than you did 10 minutes ago." Thanks Hon.
6. I'm bringing my laptop, but I'm super nervous that for some reason it wont work..or something..that would mean I would be without a computer for 10 whole days!! OMWORD!!
5. Something happening to my kiddos while I'm gone:(
4. My stupid dog being too much of a burden for the person who ends up watching her.
3. I'm leaving my Grandma's wedding band that I wear as my wedding band at home..that is just how scared I am of loosing it..and don't worry I will be wear some sort of a wedding band while I'm in Paris..or at least thats what I'm telling Zach:)
2. Umm the only word I know in french right now is croissant..nice.
1. And mostly I'm scared I will not EVER want to come home!!!
Ok peeps..this is my last post from America!! Please stay tuned for some AWESOME Paris posts..you can also ask to be my friend on Facebook (search for Amber Sallee Strehle) if you want to see all my pics or search for Tres Birds on Flickr..I'm hoping to be able to update often!
Woohoo..here I go!!!