Morning photo shoot with the birthday boy:)
10. So The Sister is starting a little mini-revolution..go check it out and if you are lucky enough to not be trapped in the desert step up to the challenge!!
9. The Dish (Wild Whimsy) and Miss Elaine did SUPER at their show last week!! Yeah for them!! Oh and a little bird told me that Wild Whimsy is going to be posting some fall project ideas on the blog, check back often.
8. We started FPU (Financial Peace University) on Monday. Hmm, you all know my thoughts on this already. It's only Friday evening and I'm already bitter. I have to listen to this guy for 13 weeks?? No it's not that bad, it's really just discipline and using common sense. But what do they say about common sense..well it's not so common.
7. CRAZY political times right now. I have to say if you would have asked me even 2 months ago if I thought we were going to have a Republican in the White House I would have said NO WAY!! This election is going to be much closer than I though.
6. Are you Swappy Ladies ready???
5. Sorry this post is late..I caught strep from Shad, sucked! So glad that is over..hope it will be the first and last time of the season. Oh and I have to tell you that I totally beat strep without antibiotics!! Yeah for me!
4. I had a down week with strep and a long dentist appointment so I'm kinda missing my AZ gf's, PLUS Anna has been in San Fran (Lucky!) all week. I hope to hit my social calendar hard again next week;)
3. So I just found out that the "rents" (parents) are coming for Christmas!! I have to say I'm totally stunned..like really, really, really stunned.
2. The Dish and all her glory will be arriving in just a few short weeks!!! The Strehle family is already happily preparing for the families arrival. We will be spending a few days of their visit in Mexico! Yeah for the beach and good friends!! Two of my very favorite things in the whole wide world. I'm looking forward to introducing some of the AZ gf's to her..just prepare yourselves ladies..yes, I know she is not coming until October, don't say I didn't warn you;)
1. Ok I have a little mini-rant..I'm jealous, really jealous of my sister right now. Everyday she is calling me and saying "Oh I just whipped out 80 billion quarts of organic apple butter." or, "on my way to the chicken house I discovered a little patch of wild berries and after I picked them I weaved a basket from the branches." You see not too long ago our places in life were switched. She was trapped in suburban hell and I had the most beautiful garden, right next to my chicken coop along with our pygmy goat named Roquefort. I'm sure she loathed the phone calls.
"Oh we have been canning peaches from Wenatchee all day, and now I'm baking a pie for dessert." or "I've just cut a ton of hydrangea's and have the most beautiful bouquet on my kitchen table." Now don't get me wrong I'm so very happy that she is living her dream and is loving every minute of it:) There are just some things that I really really miss about home and fall is one of them. PLUS I miss having a garden, I love working in the dirt, serving your family food that you have planted and nurtured, it feeds your soul as well as your body. Posted below are some pic's from my old home and what I loved best about it.